grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2.12 released

From: Oskari Pirhonen
Subject: Re: GRUB 2.12 released
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:30:03 -0600

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 18:10:57 +0100, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> GRUB maintainers are proud to announce GRUB 2.12 that has been just released.
> You can find list of new features and major fixes since release 2.06 in the
> NEWS file.
>
> We would like to thank all the people who have contributed to the project.

First of all, congrats on releasing. It's been a long time in the
making. But...

> The tarball is available at https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-2.12.tar.xz
> and its signature at https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-2.12.tar.xz.sig

The release tarball fails to build because the grub-core/extra_deps.lst
file is not included in it. I just sent a patch which fixes it (at least
on my end).

Hopefully it works for others too and a new release can be made.

- Oskari