grub-devel

Re: grub keyfile read errors support

From: Alexey Kuznetsov
Subject: Re: grub keyfile read errors support
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 06:57:17 +0300

> > If so. Then why does your allow users to remove a removable key?
>
> I don't understand this, can you rephrase the question?

I have two separate drives: a boot device and a usb flash drive with a key. If I have a usb flash drive attached, grub should automatically unlock the main drive using such a key, if usb flash isn't here - grub should ask for a password for the main drive, not failing loading the whole system to the grub rescue.