grub-devel

Re: Idea: Improve ext2 to allow for embedding

From: Mate Kukri
Subject: Re: Idea: Improve ext2 to allow for embedding
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 10:25:35 +0000

Hello,

Do you have a proposed use-case for this in mind?
On MBR disks there is usually enough space for core.img before the
first partition.
On GPT you can simply create a so-called "BIOS boot partition" to
store core.img.
But in either, BIOS is a legacy platform, so I doubt many new users of
this would emerge.

Best regards,
Mate