Modules and names with the guile system.

From: Kai-Peter G Backman
Subject: Modules and names with the guile system.
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:51:21 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

 Dear guile list,

 I have a program embedding guile and have created a small scheme telnet
server that basically listens for socket connections and after that sets
standard ports to the telnte-port. All runs smooth except for goops.

1. A can not create an environment where (use-modules (oop goops)) would
already be evaluated (I am not able to do this without the telnet
either) and for example (make <foo-class>) would work.

2. When referencing any predefined classes in my telnet session I get the
following output:
<transcript>
guile> <foo>
ERROR: In procedure vector-ref:
ERROR: Argument out of range: 1
ABORT: (out-of-range)
</transcript>
<foo> was defined as (define-class <foo> () bar)

 Am I trying to duplicate something here? Where do I get more
documentation about how to load modules into namespaces? (I have been
browsing the almost recent snapshot of the guile texinfo files and
guile-1.4 source).

 Yours,
 Kai-Peter Baeckman
 address@hidden