odd difference between interactive and script guile

From: Matt Wette
Subject: odd difference between interactive and script guile
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:58:58 -0800 (PST)

I want to use "string-match".  If I start guile interactively,
I see it fine.  If I put it in a script file, it is not available.
Does anyone know what's going on here? -- Matt

mr-ed$ guile -v
Guile 1.4
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.
mr-ed$ /opt/guile/bin/guile
guile> (display string-match)
#<procedure string-match (pattern str . args)>guile> mr-ed$
mr-ed$ cat test4.scm
#!/opt/guile/bin/guile -s
!#

(display string-match)