Re: namespaces, goops, etc.

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: namespaces, goops, etc.
Date: 17 Nov 2000 19:39:10 +0100

Mark Seaborn <address@hidden> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > As we all know, the current module system is flawed and we hope to
> > replace it this winter.
>
> With what?

We are currently very interested in Kent Dybvig's module system:

  http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/papers/popl99.ps.gz

> PLT Scheme's `units' system is a module system with a lot of nice
> properties.  I have already written a portable implementation of
> units -- would you like to see it included in Guile?

Not verbatim.  We want to have a module system which scopes syntax.

However, I'm sure many of us are very interested in your
implementation.  So, while you shouldn't do too much work adapting it
to Guile, a link to your source is always welcome.

Thanks for your input,
Mikael