Re: guile for lisp set

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: guile for lisp set
Date: 01 Dec 2000 11:04:49 +0000

    Marius> I think it is best to ignore `eval2' if you can; `eval'
    Marius> should be enough.  You are in the midst of the slowly
    Marius> changing module system of Guile.

Hi Marius,

Does the same apply to `local-eval'?  I would like to use the
following code as part of an explanation of closure:

(define tt
  (let ((s 5))
    (lambda ()
      (write (local-eval (read) (the-environment)))
      (newline))))

Will Guile always have (AFAYK) something like the-environment and
local-eval to permit referencing and using a local environment?

Regards,
        Neil