Re: merging generic methods from different modules

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: merging generic methods from different modules
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:58:29 +0100

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 09:44:39AM +0100, Thomas Wawrzinek wrote:
: Hi Lars!
:
:  > (use-modules (mod1) (mod2))
:
: I see. What I tried was
:
: (use-modules (foo submod1) (foo submod2))

I think a setup like that was what I tried first with the same non-
functional result - creating mod1 and mod2 was just something I did
to make the attachmed files easier to use.

Are you sure you're getting the define-method macros evaluated in the
submodule environment, and are you sure you've not imported submod1 into
submod2 or vice versa? (- in which case I think the latter define-method
invocation will find an existing generic method to "attach to")

  Lars J