load-port error?

From: Stefan Petersen
Subject: load-port error?
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:43:09 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm trying to load a scheme file from a c-program. Since I want to catch
the errors and then continue as nothing happened instead of bailing out,
it is done in the following manner:
(gh_catch (SCM_BOOL_T,
           (scm_catch_body_t) gh_eval_file, filename,
           (scm_catch_handler_t) load_error_handler, filename)

But how do I now _where_ in the loaded file the error has happened?
I tried to use port-column and port-line and getting port from
current-load-port, but current-load-port returned #f.

Question 1) Is there a bug in current-load-port?
Question 2) Is there an alternative to do what I want? I want to give
proper error msgs and not bail out.

Regards,
/Stefan
! Stefan Petersen, MSc EE         !  \