Re: load-port error?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: load-port error?
Date: 18 Jan 2001 19:38:07 +0000

    Dale> Stefan Petersen wrote:

    >> from > > current-load-port, but current-load-port returned #f.
    >> handler?
    >>
    >> Yes, I try to access in the error handler. I looked at the
    >> guile source and there is some kind of "port swapping" going on
    >> that I don't understand.

    Dale> Yes. I found this out too.  If you (debug-enable 'backtrace)
    Dale> you get better error messages, but I don't thing there is
    Dale> any way to get at the line and column from the handler.

Is this anything to do with having readline activated?  I noticed
recently that, interactively, you get the line and column only if
readline is not activated:

address@hidden neil]$ guile -q
guile> (d)
standard input:1:1: In expression (d):
standard input:1:1: Unbound variable: d
ABORT: (unbound-variable)

Type "(backtrace)" to get more information or "(debug)" to enter the debugger.
guile> (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
guile> (activate-readline)
guile> (d)
ERROR: In expression (d):