GUILE FAQ

From: Nathan Lovell
Subject: GUILE FAQ
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:22:07 -0700 (MST)

Sorry, I couldn't quite follow the explanation for the format of this
email.  My question is this:

Why use Guile instead of TCL or Perl or some other well-known, mature, and
well documented scripting language?

I read that Guile avoids the size etc etc of these venerable languages,
but in browsing the pages hoping to pick up enough about Guile to convert
me from TCL so I can be more helpful in new GNU projects all I learned is
that the documentation isn't current enough to be useful and the
legendary simplicity of extension hasn't been implemented yet (and that's
from messages posted 6 months ago).

I have used TCL as a glue language in a serious application, and it worked
quite well.  I'm not trying to put down anybody's effort here, but I am
curious what Guile has to offer besides being very much a work in
progress.