Re: GUILE FAQ

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: GUILE FAQ
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:38:35 +0100 (MET)

> From: "Peter C. Norton" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:21:32 -0800
>
> Yes, we can.

Okay, so I'll try to get it started.  I have quite some Guile code
rotting on my hard disk which is doing text file munging (such as
handling colon-seperated line-oriented data) and manipulating Scheme
code.  I will try to write a tutorial which explains how to do things
like

while (<>) { ... }

in Scheme, so that people from the other world (TM) will have a place
to start.  I am sure that I am not the only one writing such code, so
maybe other Guilers have such code (or maybe even documents about it),
and are willing to share it (and their code is most certainly better
than mine...).

So please post some URLs if you have any, and I will try to make a
little list and offer it to Peter for inclusion on the documentation
page.

Thx,
  'Martin

--