Displaying a backtrace?

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Displaying a backtrace?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:13:24 -0600

For debugging purposes I want to be able to print a backtrace in a
(catch) handler while continuing to run... basically
false-if-exception except printing a backtrace in addition to
returning false.

However, I can't ascertain how to print out a backtrace from within my
catch handler.  (backtrace) displays the message "No backtrace
available", even if I have explicitly done (debug-enable 'backtrace).
(display-backtrace (fluid-ref the-last-stack) (current-output-port))
prints nothing.  I'm just guessing that the-last-stack is the stack I
want to print.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble