Re: how to use dynamic-link

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: how to use dynamic-link
Date: 29 Jan 2001 23:30:38 +0100

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> > The ltdl library, which Guile is using for platform agnostic dynamic
> > linking often produces this error instead of the real error.  This is
> > because it keeps on trying further names when one name fails with any
> > error whatsoever.
> >
> > This should be fixed in ltdl.  Anyone?
>
> Shouldn't this rather be reported to the libtool people?

Yes, that' what I meant, sorry.  I was asking if anyone is interested
in solving this problem, which would include reporting the bug and a
possible fix upstream.

> Or has the libltdl code been so much specialized for the use in
> guile that fixing this bug would not also help other libtool users?

No, not at all.  I think I once reported this bug, even, but I'm not
sure what the ultimate result was.  I think it is best to have a fix
handy when approaching the libtool guys.  It shouldn't be too
difficult, but it's not exactly trivial either.