Re: libguile woes

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Re: libguile woes
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 16:14:50 -0600

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 08:03:58PM +0000, Kyle Cronan wrote:
> I am designing a billing system (primarily in C) that I would like to
> extend by using libguile as an interpreted language for generating
> reports.

You might take a look at gnucash (www.gnucash.org).  We are focusing
mainly on the personal-finance side of things, but we have a
significant amount of infrastructure in place for dealing with the
generation and display of financial reports in Guile.  Our default
storage backend is a simple single-user affair, but there is prototype
code working to use Postgres instead, and Linas Vepstas has already
written the C code to convert our abstract "financial engine" queries
to SQL.

Most of the interesting work is only in the development version, which
you can get from our CVS server (cvs.gnucash.org ; instructions on the
www.gnucash.org pages).  We have a fairly active development mailing
list and welcome new developers/collaborators.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble