Re: install directories

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: install directories
Date: 22 Feb 2001 16:45:22 -0600

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I'll add (export-all) to Guile and deprecate the old stuff (that
> is, it will print warnings and a pointer to a longer description of
> what to do instead).

Great.  I think people trying to use this (like me trying to get it to
work with g-wrap) will be one of the best ways to get feedback about
how well it works.  (I suppose I should probably start playing with
CVS at some point).

> It is already, I'd say.  I don't like the way Unix shared libraries
> are done at all.

Me neither.

>   (define-module (foo bar))
>
>   (load "bar-1")
>   (load "bar-2")
>   (load "bar-3")

Hmm.  I must be hallucinating.  I could have sworn that defines and
define-publics wouldn't behave right inside those loads, where by
right I mean publishing symbols in/out of (foo bar).  Maybe I'm
confusing this with some other problem I'd had...

> should do the trick.  `load' does funky things with the filename.
> If that bothers you, use `base-load'.  [`load' is another area that
> needs clean up, IMO.]

Right.  Though now that I know about GUILE_LOAD_PATH, I'm much
happier.

Thanks.