Re: To gh_ or not to gh_?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: To gh_ or not to gh_?
Date: 06 May 2001 02:50:19 +0200

Sam Tregar <address@hidden> writes:

> Suggestions?

The gh_ interface is not going away any time soon, if at all, but it
is in certain regards a second class citizen compared to the scm_
interface.  This is mostly because it has been neglected in the recent
past.  The scm_ interface is the `real' libguile API (if there is such
a thing) in the sense that it covers all of libguile.  It is also
difficult and surprising at times, while the gh_ interface aims to be
cleaner.

So, I would suggest to stick to the cleaner parts of the scm_
interface.  The trick is of course to identify these cleaner parts...

Well, not much of an advice, I'm afraid.  We are currently sorting out
what to do with the gh_ interface in the future, but even if it is
going to be removed, this will be a long time off, and the trnasition
will be smooth.