Re: Guile extension module skeleton package available

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Guile extension module skeleton package available
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:55:11 +0200 (MET DST)

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 06 May 2001 02:44:35 +0200
>
> Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Please give me feedback if you thing such a package is useful and/or
> > instructive, and how it could be improved.
>
> Very good!  Make sure its publicized adequately.
>
> (I'll look at it in detail later...)

After releasing, I began thinking about which licensing model would be
appropriate for such a thing.  I think it's quite useful and would
like to encourage people using it, without annoying them by saying:
``well use this code and replace most of it with your own, but always
make sure everyone will see my name when using it.''

Also I think the copyright should not be more restrictive than
Guile's, so maybe I should use Guile's copyright including the
exception to the GPL.  Would that be the Right Thing?  I'm not sure.

Again, thanks for feedback,
  'martin