Re: Guile truly embedable ?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Guile truly embedable ?
Date: 12 May 2001 16:45:06 -0500

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> You may want to use
>
>   SCM gh_lookup (const char *sname);
>
> which expects a C-string and returns the value of the corresponding
> Scheme variable.

Be a little careful, with this, though.  In certain conditions, it'll
return SCM_UNDEFINED when you think it should return a value.  I
believe this has been fixed in recent versions (1.4 or CVS?).  I've
noticed this because since gnucash still supports all the way back to
1.3(.4?) (which it won't for a whole lot longer once we get 1.6.0), we've
had to stick with gh_eval_str.