Re: Textal interface to Guile

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Textal interface to Guile
Date: 15 May 2001 02:32:43 +0200

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> So, what should we do?  Is there anybody who does prefer SCM_EOL over
> SCM_EMPTY_LIST for other reasons than backwards compatibility?

It's shorter!  Seriously, SCM_EOL is used all over the place, and
renaming it feels like renaming "char" to "byte" in C since it is more
correct.  We _can_ do it, but I sense a lot of resistance from my
subconcious since it is soo fundamental.  But maybe I've been hacking
Guile for too long...

Well.  I'd say, not in 1.6.0, maybe later.