Re: module related problem

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: module related problem
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 16:31:41 +0200 (MEST)

> From: David Pirotte <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:51:54 +0200
>
>       address@hidden:~/alto/projects/guile/share/alto 3 $ guile
>       guile> (use-modules (alto pays))
>       guile> (pays-gui/gui (db-objects *db-pays/db-object*))
>       standard input:2:15: In expression (db-objects *db-pays/db-object*):
>       standard input:2:15: Unbound variable: db-objects
>       ABORT: (unbound-variable)
>       Type "(backtrace)" to get more information or "(debug)" to enter the
> debugger.
>       guile>

The code

  (use-modules (alto pays))
  (pays-gui/gui (db-objects *db-pays/db-object*))

does work in a script, but not at the REPL?  That would be really
weird, because you have to import every module explicitly from which
you want to use definitions.  So it shouldn't be possible to use
`db-objects' unless its exported by (alto pays).

But maybe I'm missing something here, too.

Regards,
  'martin