Re: In search of cool Scheme

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: In search of cool Scheme
Date: 22 May 2001 23:57:05 +0300

Sam Tregar <address@hidden> writes:

> On 22 May 2001, Craig Brozefsky wrote:
>
> > How about something using the venerable call-with-chocolate-city, errr
> > sorry I've been funk infected, that's call-with-current-continuation,
> > or call/cc.
>
> How about it?  I call your bluff - use call/cc in a small example of
> funkdified Scheme.

dunno about a small example, but the PLT folks (Shriram Krishnamurthy
at al) have a recent paper about a web server they have written.  IIRC
the main idea behind it is using Scheme continuations as the "session
state" objects.

the code lives somewhere beneath
<URL:http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/>

not really answers your request for a small cool snippet, but IMHO
(sorry, Craig ;-)) is a cool demonstration of call/cc .

let us lay the funk on you,
--mike

--
Parenthesize to avoid ambiguity.