Re: I18N/M17N?

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: Re: I18N/M17N?
Date: 30 May 2001 14:10:08 -0500

Masao Uebayashi <address@hidden> writes:
> > So, the plan was to use the Emacs / MULE encoding in Guile until Emacs
> > itself switches to this UTF-8-that-distinguishes-Chinese-and-Japanese,
> > at which point Guile would switch too.
>
> Then who can decide how the plan _is_? :-)

Someone familiar with the issues, confident in his/her position, and
able to explain it well, needs to persuade the maintainers of his/her
position --- and then start doing it.

I had persuaded the maintainers of my position a few years back, but I
never followed through.  So much time has passed that the decision
seems to have come undone again.  It's a controversial issue, so
that's not too suprising.