Re: Using guile together with other GC languages?

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: Using guile together with other GC languages?
Date: 08 Jun 2001 17:32:00 +0300

Johan Georg GranstrЖm <address@hidden> writes:

> Assume that I want to write a program in a combination of
> Guile, C, [Other GC language like SmallEiffel or Smalltalk].
> Then I would like Guile and SmallXXX to allocate memory
> on the same heap, is this possible to do in some way (from the
> Guile perspective)?

I'm not sure why you would want Guile and X to allocate on the same
heap.  this, of course, is not possible, but I think this is not
needed either.

and yes, Guile's GC is supposed to coexist nicely with other memory
management schemes in the same process.

--
The only complaint I have against WinDoze is that it doesn't
always fail at install time.       -- Mike Andrews, in s.d.m