Re: How to get a list of top-level definitions?

From: Sam Tregar
Subject: Re: How to get a list of top-level definitions?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:52:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> This might be a bit tricky, because in Guile, every module has its own
> top-level definitions.  Maybe you should make your requirements a bit
> more precise, so that a module system wizard here can answer your
> question.

Ok.  Here's what I need - given a block of Guile code I need to evaluate
it (eval_str()) and then get a list of all the top-level definitions it
just created.  My plan was to get a list of existing top-level definitions
before the eval and then get the list afterwards and do a diff to get the
new ones.  At this point I'm not too concerned with supporting modules
outside of making (use-module) work, which should be automatic.

How does this involve the module system?  Is the top-level actually some
kind of default module?

-sam