Re: Debugging

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: Debugging
Date: 26 Jun 2001 23:49:35 -0400

    Thomas> I can't find out how to single step in the guile debugger,
    Thomas> let alone have it interface well with my emacs.  And what
    Thomas> about breakpoints?

There's a (supposedly) portable scheme debugger available at:

  http://www.cs.tut.fi/staff/pk/scheme/psd/article/article.html

has anyone had any luck getting this to work with Guile?  Some
problems I'm having are that psd.el seems to want to set buffer local
variables but have them available in both the source and interpretter
file.

It also uses slib and I'm having trouble getting that to work.  There
are some naming issues (like the text sent to the interpreter calls
(require 'portable-scheme-debugger) which isn't provided by any of the
psd files).  Hacking a bit I can get the require to work but none of
the functions become available, and there are too many other loose
ends (between the Scheme and the Elisp) for this to be a quick fix.

--
Alex Shinn <address@hidden>
Lisper, Smalltalker, and all around poor speaker