Re: No gh_set_x()?

From: Sam Tregar
Subject: Re: No gh_set_x()?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:41:46 -0400 (EDT)

On 10 Jul 2001, Evan Prodromou wrote:

> Well, it already worked for me. But I don't think Mr. Wall has the
> capacity _left_ for nausea over bad ideas. I mean, have you seen the
> "Apocalypse" language design plans for Perl 6?

Have I seen it?  I contributed (a very little bit) to it!  I love it now
and it's going to get much better.  He hasn't gotten to the really good
stuff yet.

> What a waste -- taking a lovely little Lisp dialect and turning it
> into APL.  B-)

Hee hee.  You arrogant lispers... I'll teach you a lesson.  Pretty soon
any Perl programmer will be able to use as much Scheme in their programs
as they want!  Will you be able to say the same?  Not likely!

Yes, I fully realize I'm probably the only person in the world that thinks
this is a great idea.  Humor me.

> As confusing and irregular as Perl is, though, it's nowhere near as
> complex as English. And there are -plenty- of natural language
> recognitions systems written in Scheme. So my guess is that if
> *anything* besides perl can parse Perl, Guile can. B-)

Well, perl is written in C.  By that logic, C can parse Perl.  All I'll
say is good luck to you if you try.  Come visit me when the sanitarium
lets you out for a weekend.

-sam