Re: guile-gtk?

From: Ariel Rios
Subject: Re: guile-gtk?
Date: 16 Jul 2001 00:53:37 -0400

> I just recently tried to build guile-gtk from cvs.  It was very very
> difficult.  Even after I got all the proper pieces I still had to edit
> some files to build properly.  See the guile-gtk archives for some of my
> adventures.  You don't need *all* of gnome, just some of the
> configuration system.
>
> Supposedly, all the extra gnome spooge is for CVS guile-gtk.  A released
> tarball will already have ./configure built and should only need Guile,
> Gtk+ and standard tools to compile and install.

Yes indeed. A tarball does not require the extra gnome stuff.
There is however no 0.20 guile-gtk since guile 0.16 is not out yet.
As soon as gule is released you will have a brand new,
gnome free guile-gtk and of course a lovely gnome-guile

Dale, can you do a summary of your guile-gtk CVS adventures
so I can add that thing unto CVS?

ariel