Re: dynamic-link problem

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: dynamic-link problem
Date: 22 Jul 2001 21:53:56 +0200

address@hidden (Bill Gribble) writes:

> Still no luck with linking the actual library I'm trying to link.  Any
> other suggestions?

Guile is using libltdl from libtool to implement its `dynamic-link'
function.  libltdl has problems with error reporting: it tries a
number of names for a library until one succeeds, regardless of the
reason of failure.  When one try fails because of unresolved symbols,
say, it just goes ahead and tries the remaining names, and ultimately
fails with "file not found", which is wrong.

[I meant to fix this for quite some time now...]