Re: Retrieve output from command

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Retrieve output from command
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:05:53 -0700

   From: Manuel Giraud <address@hidden>
   Date: 31 Jul 2001 17:43:45 +0200

   I'm trying to get the result of the command "ls" in a list, for
   example:
           (define l (system->list "ls"))

   I've tried 'system' but it doesn't work since it returns the exit code
   of the command. Maybe, I will be able to do that using port, but maybe
   there's already a library to do such things.

see http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/ttn-pers-scheme/

look for module `(ttn shell-command-to-string)' which includes
`shell-command->string' and `shell-command->list'.

thi