using expect

From: Stephen A. Witt
Subject: using expect
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:57:09 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to write a simple program using expect in guile and can't seem
to get to square one. First it should be said that I'm a pretty
intermediate guile/scheme programmer, but did a lot of lisp (and enjoyed
it) some years ago and want to start doing more in guile than in
perl/python etc.

The guile expect module seems to have functions in it for processing the
output from a port, but there doesn't seem to be an analog to the "spawn"
function in Expect in which a program is started from which interactive
input and output will be processed. Any leads?

Thanks...