Re: using expect

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: using expect
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:35:57 -0700

   From: "Stephen A. Witt" <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:57:09 -0700 (PDT)

   I'm trying to write a simple program using expect in guile and can't
   seem to get to square one. First it should be said that I'm a pretty
   intermediate guile/scheme programmer, but did a lot of lisp (and
   enjoyed it) some years ago and want to start doing more in guile than
   in perl/python etc.

   The guile expect module seems to have functions in it for processing
   the output from a port, but there doesn't seem to be an analog to the
   "spawn" function in Expect in which a program is started from which
   interactive input and output will be processed. Any leads?

see guile-sources archives:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-sources/

and look for the message w/

   Subject: using (ice-9 expect) to feed a repl
   Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 11:32:41 -0800

(sorry i can't be more specific; i currently cannot access mail.gnu.org
to find the exact URL.  where's that refbot when you need it?)

thi