Problems using Guile 1.4

From: Ali Ibrahim
Subject: Problems using Guile 1.4
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:41:36 -0400

Hello!

I am recently upgraded to Guile 1.4 from 1.3 and I noticed something
very weird:

I have program which is a server just listens to a port. It is written
mainly in Scheme and can execute any scheme function. For example you
can telnet to it and just type (+ 1 1).
I have a http scheme function which downloads a page using a URL and
which can be called by users/programs connecting to the server. There
are other functions as well

When I use 1.4 and I run it by running guile interactively and typing
(load "foo.scm")
(run-server)

and then use telnet and type (http "http://www.yahoo.org";) everything
works fine.

However if I just type guile -e run-server -s foo.scm most functions
work except the http function which complains of a bad header.

Shouldn't these two things be equivalent? Any help is appreciated.

Ali Ibrahim
address@hidden