Re: lost: guile 1.7.0 doesn't look to GUILE_LOAD_PATH ?

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: lost: guile 1.7.0 doesn't look to GUILE_LOAD_PATH ?
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:47:43 +0200

Thomas Wawrzinek wrote:

> Hi!
>
> address@hidden wrote:
>
>  >      open("/usr/local/lib/libpostgres", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such
> file or directory)
>  >
>  > i don't know why it does it in 2 different ways neither what I  should do
>  > to avoid it
>
> Well, maybe my first guess (leaving out the extension, i.e.) was wrong after
> all.
>
> You might try to play around with the extensions .la and .so in your
> postgres.scm.
>
> You could also try to use (load-extension "libpostgres" "init_postgres")
> instead of the (dynamic-call ... (dynamic-link ...)) combination.
>
> Then I've seen that your libtool library (postgres) was generated by libtool
> 1.3.4 whereas guile uses libtool 1.4 (I don't know whether this is
> relevant).

Thomas,

Many many thanks for your support! I finally could compile a new guile-pg
module, thanks to the patch of Thien-Thi Nguyen

It now works like a charme. The previous module was built on top of guile-1.4,
and probably was not 'compatible'

Thanks again, it was really nice to have your support, both of you

One last thing:

        The postgres.scm is now as is:

        (if (not (defined? 'pg-guile-pg-loaded)) ;; Unless already loaded
(static) ...
            (load-extension "libpostgres.so" "init_postgres"))

        Should I leave it like this or come back to

        (dynamic-call "init_postgres" (dynamic-link "libpostgres.so"))

David