Re: Guile 1.6.3 has been released.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Guile 1.6.3 has been released.
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:30:46 -0600

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any signs of this release getting into Debian?
>
> guile 1.4 that is in Debian is a tid bit old and slow, and it's
> kind of annoying to restrict oneself to the old guile features
> (let alone very difficult to be compatible with both) just to
> release software that's useable with user systems.

Just to repeat something I mentioned on debian-devel recently.
We have a staging area where we're trying to make sure we're ready to
go (wrt to dependent packages) before uploading ot unstable.  You can
either follow the url below directly, or add it to your apt
sources.list (if you're feeling really brave).  I would *NOT*
recommend these packages for general use yet, though:

  deb http://people.debian.org/~rlb/guile-1.6-staging/ ./

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu