Re: Serveez and Guile-1.6n

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Serveez and Guile-1.6n
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:12:40 +0100 (MET)

> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:06:58 +0100
> From: address@hidden
>
> Hello list,
>
> i'm not shure this is the right place to post, but since
> Martin Grabmueller seems to be reading this list:

Stefan Jahn, the maintainer of GNU Serveez is, probably also reading
this list, but you may want to try one of the mailing lists

  address@hidden   (Developer list) or
  address@hidden  (User list).

> i'm trying
> to install GNU-serveez from CVS but compilation fails:
>
>   guile.c: In function `guile_serveez_load':
>   guile.c:1789: `scm_catch_body_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Does that mean i can't use serveez with newer versions of Guile?
> I grepped a bit arround hoping to find more information about
> the missing type (?) but couldn't find anything in the ChangeLogs
> (NEWS only mentions 'scm_internal_stack_catch'.

But anyway, I think Mikael already has explained the problem.  As a
workaround, you may want to place

  #define scm_catch_body_t scm_t_catch_body

in the file that uses it.  For the long run, try to get Stefan to fix
it (or even better, send a patch to address@hidden, thanks!)

'martin