(load) Question

From: Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Subject: (load) Question
Date: 15 Feb 2003 21:53:52 -0700

I have a file which contains something like the following:

(let ((x 3))
     (+ x 4))

I want to be able to load it in and retrieve the value 7 (this is really
a massive over-simplification--what I'm actually doing is building a
massive data structure up by hand...).  The problem is that (load
"filename") returns nothing.  Now, I can use define to define a value,
but this is a very clumsy way to pass data back out.

Does anyone have any idea how to do what I'm trying to do?  Shouldn't
(load) return the result of evaluating that file?

Thanks v. much.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
The girl who remembers her first kiss now has a daughter who can't even