Re: Serveez and Guile-1.6n

From: rm
Subject: Re: Serveez and Guile-1.6n
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:36:29 +0100

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:12:40AM +0100, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> Stefan Jahn, the maintainer of GNU Serveez is, probably also reading
> this list, but you may want to try one of the mailing lists
>
>   address@hidden   (Developer list) or
>   address@hidden  (User list).

Sorry for the late reply, i'm far away from my home network connection ;-)
(no mail for several days, what an unusual feeling).

Thank's for the explanation. I fixed the problem by including the
'#define  ...' after a bit of code grepping with source navigator, but
i really think there should be a better way to find out about this
kind of changes -- it's not the first time that such cosmetic renames
eat up quite some time (i'm _not_ saying that these changes aren't
valid and neccessary). A short entry in the ChangeLog or a special
ApiChanges files (scm_catch_body_t -> scm_t_scatch_body) would save
us from a lot of searching.

> But anyway, I think Mikael already has explained the problem.  As a
> workaround, you may want to place
>
>   #define scm_catch_body_t scm_t_catch_body
>
> in the file that uses it.  For the long run, try to get Stefan to fix
> it (or even better, send a patch to address@hidden, thanks!)

As soon as i find some more time ;-)

 Ralfd