Re: (load) Question

From: Egil Moeller
Subject: Re: (load) Question
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:33:50 +0100 (CET)

> Why nuisance?  Load reads a whole file which may contain zero
> or more definitions and zero or more expression.  Choseing
> one that gets returned would be kind of arbitrary, and then
> what do you do if there are no expression?

What is the retun-value of a function? A function might contain multiple
definitions and expressions, too. The value is the value of the last one.
Why not have the same deifinition for load? And if there are not
expressions, then, just let the value returned be undefined or whatever.
As (load) is defined in teh standard to return an undefined value, this
could very well be specified as an extenssion, without breaking the
standard. Perheaps as an SRFI?

--
http://redhog.org
GPG Public key: http://redhog.org/PGP%20Public%20key.asc