Interpreter Sessions (Newbie)

From: Pedro Ortega
Subject: Interpreter Sessions (Newbie)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:03:14 -0300 (CDT)

This has problably been asked before many times. Sorry,
but I didn't find anything in the Guile user manual about
this.

I'm currently programming a Chatbot, wich does execute
Scheme code to produce the answer, triggered by an input
string (something like A.L.I.C.E.). The Chatbot is server
based, so what I need is:

1. Given an user id, create (if it doesn't exist) or
   restore the environment (using a database or another
   persistent storage media).

2. Execute the Scheme code with the environment, in order
   to get the response string.

3. Respond to the user.

4. Save the updated environment.

This hasn't to be accomplished in parallel, querys can be
put in a queue and be responded serially.

Thanks for your help.

Pedro Ortega
IA Department,
University of Chile