Re: Stupid module and pregexp questions

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Stupid module and pregexp questions
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:03:22 -0500

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> At least bigloo and plt-scheme use pregexp.  It would be very useful
> if guile could offer a partially compatible interface, regardless of
> the underlying implementation.

Well that sounds like a pretty good argument in favor of pregexp --
I'll look in to it.  Of course we can only include it in guile-core
(without a rewrite) if the author's amenable to the LGPL and copyright
assignment.  If pregexp *is* suitable, I can probably handle improving
the performance.  I'll ask the author.

> Good aim, but I'd like the more general: a powerful regex lib whose
> syntax and behaviour is invariant across all the platforms on which I
> run scheme.
>
> Is that achievable?

Should be.  Ideally, that might be encouraged via a suitable SRFI.
Wonder if pregexp might be appropriate...

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu