Re: Low level things in C or Scheme [was Stupid module and pregexp quest

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: Low level things in C or Scheme [was Stupid module and pregexp questions]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:27:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Apr 2003, Robert Uhl wrote:

> No offense to any of the developers, but guile has more of a numerical
> ash-heap than a numerical tower.  I tried to fix it parts of it
> (particularly, number->string's ridiculous insistence on base-10 for
> fractions),

Aah. My calculations are fairly simple. I just need to keep track
of bandwidth on some high speed links. Thus as long as I can add
up to enormous numbers in scheme and do some very basic divisions
it works. Thanks for the heads up though.

AFAIK, guile -current is using GMP which will resolve this issue?

--
Thamer Al-Harbash            http://www.whitefang.com/
        (if (> pressure too-much-pressure)