Re: GNU/MIT Scheme?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: GNU/MIT Scheme?
Date: 29 May 2003 09:52:37 -0400

MIT Scheme (now GNU/MIT it seems) is quite a different beast from
guile.  It has a compiler -- written in Scheme -- and only supports a
limited number of architecture/OS combinations.  It seems quite large,
and at first glance it doesn't seem like a good idea to use it for an
extension language to a C program.  So I see it as complementary to
guile, not competitive.  (I think I used an earlier version of MIT
Scheme running on "chipmunks" in the spring of 1984 when I took 6.001
(the subject of SICP fame).)

        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>