Re: GNU/MIT Scheme?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GNU/MIT Scheme?
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 05:34:48 -1100

On 2003-05-29 14:52:37 +0100 Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

MIT Scheme (now GNU/MIT it seems) is quite a different beast from
guile.  [...] it doesn't seem like a good idea to use it for an
extension language to a C program.  So I see it as complementary to
guile, not competitive. [...]

I see it as a competitor, for what I use guile for: deploying software written in Scheme to GNU platforms (must publish more of them). Do you think I should be using GNU/MIT instead?

Then again, given that most of what I want to do seems to involve interfacing with C things, should I stick with Guile? Our OS is written mostly in C, so aren't all things just extensions to C? This move has confused me. I thought Guile was GNU's Scheme and GNU's scripting language of choice. I was wondering if Guile knew where they fit in now that GNU has another Scheme implementation. So far, it seems not, unless they are to be just embedded extensions.

      Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."