Re: How can I cause embedded guile interpreter to not call abort() on sy

From: Viktor Pavlenko
Subject: Re: How can I cause embedded guile interpreter to not call abort() on syntax errors?
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:55:20 -0400

>>>>> "h" == he11hawk  <address@hidden> writes:

    h> I'm using guile for scripting inside a long-running task
    h> (number crunching).  Unfortunately, if there's an error in the
    h> script, libguile calls abort(), and that kills the entire
    h> process, aborting all calculations. [...]

Have you looked at scm_internal_catch? Some explanations can be found
in guile source, throw.c. I used it successfully in my libtour project
(see http://freshmeat.net/projects/libtour, scmfunc.cc) for both call
and eval.

HTH

--