Re: Arch and Guile

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Arch and Guile
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:23:40 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

>    Such a gateway is very simple to use: You have someone who is the
>    "Gatekeeper" between the Arch and CVS world. This person then merges
>    stuff form other people's branches into the dedicated "CVS" branch,
>    which is synced with CVS in both directions.
>
> well, we already have capable goal keepers keeping the cvs sources pure
> from the corrupting influence of users, so probably there is no need for
> more of the same.

Since the Gatekeeper needs CVS write access, he needs to be one of
those "goal keepers" (typo?) anyway.

>      [...] a CVS-tracking-but-not-commit gateway as described above.
>      Actually, this sounds like a good intermediate plan.
>
> to me it sounds like a very good plan, even if not intermediate.  a
> constellation of source trees, one of which can be labeled "official"
> but not requiring any particular additional attention (unless something
> tasty appears there).

Yeah. I have hoped my SRFI-35 implementation could be considered
"something tasty" (it's more or less complete now), but so far, there
was no response to this :-(

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden