Re: Arch and Guile

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Arch and Guile
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:01:16 +0100

   From: Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 01:23:40 +0100

   Yeah. I have hoped my SRFI-35 implementation could be considered
   "something tasty" (it's more or less complete now), but so far, there
   was no response to this :-(

it is your opportunity to go into scientist mode: response by humans is
just one measurement of its worth (and not a very reliable one although
entertaining at times).  you can also measure/observe its complexity in
time and/or space, its dependency graph, its behavior when faced w/ bad
input, etc.  you can write another implementation and do a side by side
comparison of above.  you can do a non-quantitative comparison to those
implementations that cannot run on your machine.  you can try compiling
your code or deducing what extra hints a compiler would need to do so.

thi