Re: Guile standard library, take 2 ("Arch")

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Guile standard library, take 2 ("Arch")
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:54:41 +0200

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 23:33, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> I just am working on a Guile-based project[0]), and I accumulate some
> code that I consider of general usefulness.

That describes all of us, no? ;)

>  I intend to factor out all that stuff [...] into a separate GNU Arch
>  archive.

Sweet! This could be one of those places where arch really helps out
development.

> I [...] could probably offer tla-pqm[2]  access to  that archive, just
>  in case others want to add their generic  Guile-stuff ;-)

Yes yes yes. Please do.

> So, now for the organizational part: Richard, you mentioned a savannah
> project. AFAICS, there is nothing like that yet.

They aren't approving new projects at the moment. We do need a new
project so we can sort out design / organizational issues without
polluting guile-user. Perhaps we can start a project on sourceforge for
this purpose, while savannah is getting its act together? (That path was
suggested by the FSF director -- seems it might be some time.)

--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>