Re: ttn's build system

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: ttn's build system
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:59:32 +0100

Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is there any chance of mainline Guile using the extended -e stuff or
>> accepting patches to use ttn's nice build system and extended
>> guile-config stuff? I am willing to chunk out anything from Guile
>> 1.4.x that would be useful to the official Guile branch if there
>> aren't any copyright issues / the patches will be accepted.
>>
> Have you already started this? I'm especially interested in the
> build-system, and will break that out into a separate piece, since I
> intend to use it for the Guile-Library thing and possible at a later
> point in Guile-Gnome. I can't wait for this being perhaps eventually
> integrated into Guile (I suspect this might take *some* time to
> happen). So if you haven't started tackling "porting" the build
> system, it *might* make sense to wait for what I'll produce, which
> will be a piece of software building on Guile, but not integrated into
> guile-tools. This means just shipping it with Guile in the future,
> making guile-tools tie it in, could be an alternative of a direct
> port, avoiding duplicate effort.

Mostly ignore the above. My current aproach will make use of
autofrisk, but not break it out or change it. However, I'm not even
sure it will work as in Guile 1.7, as guile-tools read-scheme-source
is broken (omits forms under some conditions). So any work to patch
autofrisk and the related tools like read-scheme-source is highly
appreciated and will happily be merged into the ttn-features branch of
my unofficial archive.

Cheers, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

The best way to accelerate a Windows machine is at 9.81 m/s^2