Re: Goodbye and handover

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Goodbye and handover
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:01:34 +0100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> For various personal reasons[1] I've decided to end my involvement in
> free software development.

Sad to see you go.

> This means that the following projects (outside guile-core) will be
> looking for a new active maintainer.
> - guile-xlib (Guile bindings for Xlib).

> - guile-gui (Guile REPL in a Gtk window).

There something like that for GTK+ 2 in Guile-GObject.

> - guile-interactive (support for interactive command line
>   applications).
> - Bits and pieces to do with simple databases, backup and filesys
>   operations.
> I think Andreas Rottman will pull some of this into his Guile library
> project, but probably not all of it.  Please let me know if you're
> interested in taking any of these over.

Yes, the last two are to be dissected and partly reused. I'm still
pondering on how to best organize the library from a archive and
buildsystem view and if/how to write a build system for tying automake
and tla's build-config together.

--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux